Financial Services Thinking
Issue 1, December 2018
Welcome to the first edition of Financial Services Thinking, our new series of practical insights, industry commentary, and comprehensive updates designed specifically for financial services stakeholders, from financial planners and advisers to licensees, authorised representatives, responsible entities and trustees.
The Banking Royal Commission, along with a raft of proposed and upcoming legislative changes, signal major disruption to almost every facet of the financial services sector. Financial Services Thinking will help ensure you understand the latest developments and how to prepare for some of the most significant reforms to the financial services industry in decades.
Here we take a close look at:
- Notices issued by ASIC to financial services businesses for the production of books and records and for responses to detailed questions
- The effectiveness of ASIC's enforcement powers
- The next big change – product design and distribution laws
- What's next for CCIV?
- Conflicts of interest in the financial services industry
- ASX corporate governance principles
We've also included a round-up of some of our recent thinking in case you missed it.
We look forward to your feedback and hope you find Financial Services Thinking useful and informative.
For this edition of Financial Services Thinking, please click through the articles below.