Issue 19, June 2017
Welcome to the winter edition of Fundamental. First up, partner Sean McMahon chats with Jason Huljich, CEO – Unlisted Property Funds, Centuria Property Funds Limited, about the market outlook and key industry challenges.
We take a close look at vendor financing and residential property sales as well as the proposed industry funding model for ASIC.
We also shine the spotlight on:
- ASIC's proposed Financial Services Panel
- the 'safe harbour' reforms for directors
- unfair contract terms and leases
- registering security interests on the PPSR
- development approval consents for landowners
- the crowdfunding regime for Pty Ltd companies
- a one-stop shop for financial disputes
- the Tax Practitioners Board registration requirements for AFS licensees.
Finally, we've very proud to announce that Selina Nutley has been promoted to special counsel in our Commercial Disputes team and Elliott Stumm to Associate in our Funds Management team. We also welcome lawyer Lucy Dean to our Commercial Disputes team.
We hope you enjoy the latest edition and we look forward to your feedback.
For this edition of Fundamental, please click through the articles below to view them or download the full PDF version by clicking on the View PDF button above.