Issue 20, August 2017
Welcome to the Spring edition of Fundamental for 2017. This edition features an interview with Forza Capital Director Adam Murchie focusing on Forza's investment style, and partner Langton Clarke explores the proposed extension of APRA's powers to non-bank lenders.
We also take a closer look at:
- ASIC's current case against Westpac and BT Funds Management which sounds a clear warning to those with a general advice licence
- the importance of not overlooking the dispute resolution clause in a contract
- changes to the regulatory framework introduced by Queensland's new Planning Act
- how responsible entities scored in ASIC's latest surveillance program
- a recent Victorian case highlighting that the Retail Leases Act may capture leases you might not ordinarily contemplate as being a retail lease
- the expanded regime requiring an Australian Taxation Office clearance certificate for some transfers of interests in Australian real estate.
We hope you find Fundamental interesting and informative. As always, we look forward to your feedback.
For this edition of Fundamental, please click through the articles below to view them or download the full PDF version by clicking on the View PDF button above.