Issue 23, June 2018
Welcome to the winter 2018 edition of Fundamental where we share an interview with Steven Fleming from Gryphon Capital Investments about their new listed investment trust which is fairly unique in the market.
Our feature article reports on a recent High Court case confirming development approval conditions for land are the responsibility of the original land owner as well as any subsequent owners.
Managing partner Sean McMahon ponders the fallout from the Royal Commission into the Banking Industry, and we also take a close look at:
- the proposed industry funding model for ASIC
- the draft design and distribution obligations recommended by the Financial System Inquiry
- what is involved in determining whether an offer document might breach the misleading or deceptive conduct provisions of the law
- new exemptions for the ipso facto regime
- a landlord's disclosure obligations when the tenant has exercised its renewal option.
Finally, we introduce Lara Dawson, a new senior member of our Real Estate team, and Laura McGill who has joined our Commercial Disputes team.
We hope you enjoy Fundamental and we look forward to hearing from you.
For this edition of Fundamental, please click through the articles below to view them or download the full PDF version by clicking on the View PDF button above.