Issue 24, September 2018
Welcome to a 'bumper' Spring edition of Fundamental for 2018.
Leading this edition, partner Langton Clarke chats with Springfield Land Corporation Managing Director Raynuha Sinnathamby about the next growth phase for Springfield and the future of the property industry.
In Upfront, partner Sean McMahon explores corporate governance then partner Brit Ibanez looks at what ASIC has to say about corporate culture and good governance.
Our funds management update includes:
- the regulatory framework for CCIVs
- the proposed Design and Distribution Obligations and Product Intervention Powers Legislation
- the RG 97 fees and costs regime
- ASIC's industry funding regime
- tensions between authorised representatives and their licensees
- the Asia Region Funds Passport
- the new one-stop financial complaints shop.
In the real estate sphere, we highlight:
- the sweeping changes recommended to property law in Queensland
- a warning about relying on council searches
- tenant compensation claims for disturbances.
Finally, we are delighted to introduce two new Funds Management team members – Sandhya Susindar and Tim McCarthy – who add further depth to our capabilities.
We hope you enjoy the latest edition of Fundamental.
For this edition of Fundamental, please click through the articles below to view them or download the full PDF version by clicking on the View PDF button above.