Issue 32, August 2020
In this fast-paced world, every business is vulnerable to both old and new threats.
Our focus is on helping to future-proof your business: staying ahead of the challenges so that you can identify and embrace opportunities when they arise.
In this edition of Fundamental, we explore some of the questions you should be asking now:
- Are you putting systems in place for the new financial product design and distribution obligations?
- Can you comply with ASIC's updated requirements for dealing with consumer and small business complaints under your internal dispute resolution procedures?
- Do you understand the new foreign owner land tax surcharge exemptions?
- Do you know what factors trustees should consider when entering finance documents?
- Have you looked at the wholesale client tests and whether you need to issue a PDS?
- Is your advertising of managed investment products 'true-to-label' and clear, balanced, and accurate?
- Do you know what obligations are created by small scale offers?
Also, Sean McMahon shares some telling insights from our recent Australia Property Investment Forum where a panel of experts reviewed the latest Property Council of Australia/MSCI Australia Annual Property Index results.
Our lawyers work hard to understand the current and future environment for funds management and real estate and can help you plan and implement your next steps.
We hope you enjoy the latest edition of Fundamental.
For this edition of Fundamental, please click through the articles below or download the full PDF version by clicking on the View PDF button above.
The latest edition of Fundamental is available now. Download your copy.
The latest edition of Financial Services Thinking is available now. Click here for all the latest news.
With fund managers asking 'Where to now?', the latest edition of our Toolkit for Fund Managers focuses on what actions you can take to help you reset for the road ahead. Download your copy.