Issue 33, November 2020
In our final edition for 2020, we chat with Vasco Trustees' managing director Craig Dunstan about some red flags for the financial services industry – the growing lack of investor responsibility, the rising cost and reduced availability of professional indemnity insurance, and changes to the wholesale investor regime.
We also discuss the issues around some pressing questions for the funds management and real estate industries:
- Do you understand the proposed reforms to our foreign investment framework?
- Do you have the policies you need in place?
- What are the pros and cons of buying an existing AFSL compared to applying for a new AFSL?
- When is a bank guarantee effective?
- Can shareholders and members access documents?
- Should you opt-in early to ASIC's RG 97?
- What's your view on the 'great office debate'?
We hope you enjoy this edition of Fundamental. Thank you for your continued support, and our best wishes to you and your family for a safe and happy holiday season.
The latest edition of Fundamental is available now. Download your copy.
The latest edition of Financial Services Thinking is available now. Click here for all the latest news.
With fund managers asking 'Where to now?', the latest edition of our Toolkit for Fund Managers focuses on what actions you can take to help you reset for the road ahead. Download your copy.