Brendan is independently recognised as a 'leading lawyer' (Chambers Asia Pacific Guide 2014 – 2019) in the field of investment funds, and acts for fund managers in a wide range of commercial transactions. His work includes structuring and advising on property funds (wholesale and retail), preparing product disclosure statements/offer documents, joint venture agreements and other commercial agreements in relation to complex acquisition and funding arrangements, the application of the Corporations Act and ASIC regulatory policy. Brendan assists both established fund managers and new participants in the industry. His broad industry involvement includes appointment to the Property Council of Australia Unlisted Funds Roundtable Committee and the Federal Treasury private consultation group for the new collective investment vehicle regime.
Some key transactions Brendan has recently been involved in include:
- Centro MCS syndicate management business – restructure of Centro Properties Group and Centro Retail Trust to create the multi-billion dollar ASX listed Centro Retail Australia.
- Open Corporation Funds Management Limited – product disclosure statement for a land subdivision – making our client one of the first fund managers to prepare an offer document adopting ASIC's new disclosure regime.
- Equiti Capital Limited – establishing and promoting a retail fund for Equiti Capital Limited which invests, through a US REIT, in US-based multi-family property assets.
- GuildGrape Project No 1 and Property Trust – acting on the corporatisation of this registered vineyard scheme.
- Glencore – adviser to AACL Funds Management on the wind up of its grain investment schemes and the sale of scheme assets to Glencore.
- DirectMoney – preparing the PDS for the DirectMoney Personal Loan Fund, the first of its kind in Australia, which pools investors' money and allows them the opportunity to invest in underlying personal loans made to borrowers.
- One Investment Group – advising on establishing approximately 30 managed investment schemes each year as well as recently establishing the 91 Phillip Street Fund in conjunction with Capital Property Funds and the DirectMoney Personal Loan Fund, the first of its kind in the market place lending sector. We are the lead adviser to OIG which has approximately $8 billion of funds under administration.
- Public offers – advising on multiple public offers across a range of industry sectors.
News & Publications
T 03 9909 1471