Elliott is a senior associate in McMahon Clarke's Funds Management team. Elliott practises in all areas of funds management and financial services law, with a specific focus on the AFS licensing regime. Elliott has specialist knowledge and expertise in all aspects of AFS licensing, and advises retail and wholesale fund managers and other AFS licensees on establishing and operating their financial services business, as well as establishing, promoting and operating investment funds.
Some key transactions Elliott has recently been involved in include:
- Primewest Funds Ltd – advising on the general operation of their funds management business and establishing and promoting unregistered funds and other investment vehicles, including establishing the entity which invested in the Home Investment Consortium Trust and participated in the $725 million acquisition of the Masters portfolio of properties.
- Fullerton Fund Management Company – advising this Asian and emerging markets specialist headquartered in Singapore on establishing an Australian funds management business, including all aspects of Australian funds management industry regulation and the mutual recognition of laws between New Zealand and Australia and the "safe harbour regime" for the purposes of marketing financial products.
- Blue Sky Private Equity Limited – advising a wholly-owned subsidiary of the listed alternative asset manager (ASX : BLA) on compliance with AFS licensing laws, and establishing schemes to acquire land and develop student accommodation facilities Australia-wide.
- Australian Prime Storage Fund – establishing the master trust structure for the acquisition of land and the building of a portfolio of premium storage centres Australia-wide, and preparing and reviewing key agreements for the venture between USS Services and National Storage (ASX : NSR).
- Centuria Property Funds Limited – reviewing custodial agreements and advising on compliance with AFS licensing laws.
- Cromwell Property Group – assisting in the review of disclosure documents and advising on compliance with AFS licensing laws.
News & Publications
T 61 7 3239 2929