Elliott has deep industry knowledge and specialist expertise in the regulation of fund and investment management businesses where he assists clients in establishing and growing their business plus structuring and launching new products. Elliott focuses on all facets of financial services compliance, including the AFS licensing and AML/CTF regimes, and works closely with clients to achieve their commercial objectives by transforming complex legal issues into practical solutions. He advises national and international financial services groups, as well as both new entrants and established industry participants. Elliott's clients include retail and wholesale fund and investment managers, financial and professional advisory firms, custodians, licensed and unlicensed product issuers, dealer groups, and platform operators.
Some key transactions Elliott has recently been involved in include:
- Primewest Group (ASX:PWG) – advising this leading property fund manager on its ASX listing, launching its first open-ended unlisted fund (the Primewest Property Income Fund), establishing funds to undertake mandated work on behalf of GIC (a Singaporean sovereign wealth fund), and participating in the acquisition of a $725 million property portfolio as part of a consortium of investors.
- Global litigation funding group – advising a leading global litigation funding group on new legislation requiring compliance with the AFS licensing and managed investment scheme provisions of the Corporations Act.
- IFM Investors – advising this leading fund manager in the restructuring of the IFM Specialised Credit Fund.
- One Investment Group – advising this leading independent funds management group on launching new funds and regulatory compliance.
- Warada Capital – advising on its AFS licence application which was undertaken as part of a joint venture between the Clean Energy Finance Corporation, an independent statutory authority, and ICA Partners, one of Australia's leading boutique advisory firms.
- Gryphon Capital Income Trust (ASX:GCI) – acting on the launch and ASX-listing of the $300 million Gryphon Capital Income Trust.
- Cashwerkz (ASX:CWZ) – advising this listed group on regulatory compliance, including the launch of a new product (BondIncome).
- Cromwell Property Group (ASX:CMW) – acting in the extension of the Cromwell Ipswich City Heart Trust and the Cromwell Riverpark Trust.
- Centuria Capital Group (ASX:CNI) – assisting with establishing new funds - the Centuria 80 Flinders Street Fund, Centuria 80 Grenfell Street Fund, and the Centuria Sandgate Road Fund - and advising on compliance with financial services laws.
- Australia Prime Storage Fund – advising USS Funds Management on establishing a stapled vehicle to acquire, develop, and operate self-storage facilities as part of a joint venture with National Storage (ASX:NSR).
News & Publications
T 61 7 3239 2929
The latest edition of Fundamental is available now. Download your copy.
The latest edition of Financial Services Thinking is available now. Click here for all the latest news.
With fund managers asking 'Where to now?', the latest edition of our Toolkit for Fund Managers focuses on what actions you can take to help you reset for the road ahead. Download your copy.