Emma is an experienced commercial property lawyer, specialising in property acquisitions and development, commercial and retail shop leasing, residential and commercial conveyancing, and retirement villages. Her work involves service station and retail shopping centre developments and general corporate law. With post-graduate qualifications in law, Emma is a resourceful lawyer with strong drafting skills and a focus on delivering timely practical solutions.
Some key transactions Emma has recently been involved in include:
- Service station and retail centre developments – Emma has acted for the developer of several service stations and retail centres, from pre-contract negotiations, option agreements, site acquisition and subdivision to leasing and/or sale of developed lots.
- Retail centre acquisition – Emma advised on the acquisition of a suburban retail centre, including lease reviews and due diligence.
- Commercial and retail leasing – Emma has acted for landlords and tenants in retail and commercial leasing, including leases of office buildings, service stations, restaurants/cafes, drive throughs and shops.Regulatory compliance – liaising with local government and regulatory authorities on the likes of easements, truncations and compliance matters.
- Retirement village acquisition – Emma was a part of a team advising on the acquisition of a retirement village, including contract negotiation, due diligence and settlement.
- Retirement village group restructure – Emma was part of a team advising on the $20 million refinance with a private equity fund for a retirement village group, including due diligence, property searches and reviewing documents.
News & Publications
T 07 3239 2907