Helen is a senior commercial property lawyer with an extensive track record across commercial and retail leasing, residential and mixed use development, commercial and industrial acquisitions and sales, and property development. Helen also has experience in the sale and purchase of businesses, business licensing and franchising. A concise and constructive thinker, Helen is collaborative and always goes the extra mile to develop strong relationships with her clients.
Some key transactions Helen has recently been involved in:
- ASX listed property fund – Helen advised on the acquisition of a $30 million industrial property in Brisbane in a complex transaction which involved co-ordinating multiple stakeholders, legal due diligence, conveyance, and negotiating a lease back to the seller.
- Major regional commercial office building – Helen advised the owner of a 16 level commercial office building, located in the CBD of a major regional city, on commercial office leasing, including surrender, termination and licences. Tenants included State Government departments and small to large corporations.
- Brisbane CBD commercial and retail centre – Helen advised the owner of a prominent Brisbane CBD building, with tenants including local and international fashion brands, on retail and commercial office leasing.
- Regional shopping centre – Helen advised the owner of a mid-sized shopping centre, located in a major regional city, on retail and commercial office leasing to ensure the leases accorded with the unique characteristics of the shopping centre.
- Large private apartment block developments – Helen acted for a property developer in a number of developments, ranging from 60 to 120 apartments, including preparing off-plan contracts and disclosure documents and advising on title, development issues and sale of the apartments.
- Industrial leases – Helen has frequently advised industrial landlords and tenants on negotiating leases for industrial sites to meet their unique operational and commercial needs.
News & Publications
T 61 7 3239 2919