Joel has over 15 years' local and international experience spanning investment funds, capital markets, banking and finance, and corporate transactions. He has specialist regulatory and compliance expertise advising financial institutions and large corporate groups having previously worked as a senior lawyer for ASIC. Joel has a wealth of experience in international cross-border transactions and has worked in London, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man where he advised on establishing a diverse range of funds and investment vehicles. Joel is easy to work with and focuses on providing proactive legal solutions.
Some key transactions Joel has recently been involved in include:
- Multinational online payments company – Joel advised this FTSE100 company on its £2.96 billion takeover deal by way of scheme of arrangement.
- Global investment firm – Joel advised a global investment firm and co-ordinating committee of senior lenders on a £353 million senior debt for equity swap in relation to a large UK waste management firm.
- Multinational private equity and alternative asset manager – Joel advised a multinational financial services firm on its £1.1 billion loan-to-own acquisition of a large UK developer.
- UK manufacturer – Joel advised a large UK manufacturer on a reverse takeover in an all share deal.
- Multinational financial services company – Joel advised one of the world's largest banks on a £425 million term facilities agreement to a US private equity firm.
- FTSE 100 oil and gas company – Joel advised on establishing a US$100 million oil and gas joint venture vehicle.
- UK top 5 application service provider – Joel advised on establishing this company (listed on the London Stock Exchange, Toronto Stock Exchange and NASDAQ) and its subsequent acquisition by a Canadian online gambling company.
News & Publications
T 07 3239 2905