Kristy has over 18 years' experience in real estate and construction law, commercial dispute resolution, and litigation in all court and tribunal jurisdictions across most states of Australia. She has particular expertise in advising property fund managers, asset managers, property developers and financiers, along with their inhouse counsel teams, on enforcing retail and commercial leases, negotiating construction contracts, advising on the PPSA, retail shop leases legislation, insolvency, and resolving real estate disputes. Kristy regularly provides advice and runs court actions to enforce leases, agreements for lease, incentive deeds, option deeds, development agreements, construction contracts, management agreements and contracts for sale. Kristy is recognised in 2020 Best Lawyers in Australia for Real Property Law.
Some key transactions Kristy has recently been involved in include:
- Obtaining novel orders to wind up a number of inter-related agribusiness managed investment schemes on behalf of a fund manager.
- Successfully representing a fund manager in the New South Wales Supreme Court in relation to a dispute over the price adjustment clause in a contract for the purchase of a hotel and restaurants in a strata titled building in Sydney for $27 million.
- Drafting a $20 million subcontract for construction of government housing.
- Adviser to FK Gardner in relation to a contract to build a facility with Brisbane Airport Corporation.
- Modern award contracts – preparing suites of employment contracts and internal policies, as well as award flexibility agreements and agreements for annualised salaries and over award payments.
- Employment contracts for permanent and casual employees – advising employers in the construction and mining industries and fire and rescue industries on employment contracts.
News & Publications
T 07 3239 2947