Langton has extensive experience across all aspects of the funds management, corporate and agribusiness industries. He has particular expertise in investment vehicles seeking to raise capital from the retail and wholesale sectors. Langton advises both start up enterprises and long established businesses about raising new capital or debt, establishing investment opportunities and restructuring existing businesses and investment projects. Langton is recognised for Corporate Law in Best Lawyers in Australia (2021, 2020) and for Commercial Law in Doyles Guide (2020, 2018, 2015).
Some key transactions Langton has recently been involved in include:
- HS Consortium Development Fund – lead adviser to the trustee of this wholesale development fund which is structured as a master fund with underlying development sub-trusts. We prepared the fund's constitution, its information memorandum, investment committee charters and also conducted verification and due diligence before the fund was formally launched.
- Munro Global Growth Fund – advising Munro Asset Management, the responsible entity of this absolute return fund, on the preparation of its PDS and the prime broker agreement with Morgan Stanley & Co.
- ACIF Prosperity Fund – lead adviser to the trustee of this wholesale fund which is a complying vehicle for the significant investor visa regime. As part of this project, we also established a sub-trust beneath the ACIF Prosperity Fund that facilitated investment into the emerging companies and balancing investment streams under the significant investor visa rules.
- Australian Innovation Fund – VCLP – acting as lead adviser to the general partner of this registered venture capital limited partnership. In addition to establishing the VCLP and settling the information memorandum, we also incorporated a venture capital management partnership, being a separate limited partnership registered with the Victorian Office of Consumer Affairs.
- Murray-Darling Basin Balanced Water Fund – leading adviser to Kilter Investments, the trustee of this innovative social impact fund established and sponsored by the US-based The Nature Conservancy. The fund has financial, environmental and social objectives achieved through buying, leasing and trading water and donating annual amounts to both agriculture and ecologically significant wetlands.
- Futuro Group – lead adviser in the staged sale of its financial services business to AMP.
- Blue Sky Private Equity – acting on the Blue Sky group's equity capital investment into the mining services sector, a strategic acquisition to facilitate the provision of accommodation and other services to resources companies.
- Webster Limited – we advised the ASX listed Webster on the acquisition of the Gunns walnut assets, including replacement of the responsible entity of three registered managed investment schemes.
- Glencore – lead adviser to AACL Funds Management on the wind up of its grain investment schemes and the sale of scheme assets to Glencore.
News & Publications
T 61 7 3239 2926
The latest edition of Fundamental is available now. Download your copy.
The latest edition of Financial Services Thinking is available now. Click here for all the latest news.
With fund managers asking 'Where to now?', the latest edition of our Toolkit for Fund Managers focuses on what actions you can take to help you reset for the road ahead. Download your copy.