Luke works extensively in the property arena across a wide array of aspects, including conveyancing, leasing and strata titling arrangements. Luke takes a keen interest in understanding his clients' requirements so that he can tailor solutions to achieve the best desired outcome using a common-sense approach. Luke is a proactive, commercially driven lawyer with a primary focus on sales and acquisitions of single tenant and multi-tenanted commercial properties; residential, commercial, and mixed-use development projects; and commercial leasing.
Some key transactions Luke has recently been involved in include:
- Forza Capital – a member of the team acting on the $24 million acquisition of a government tenanted commercial office building located at 55 Russell St (South Brisbane) and the acquisition of a 14 storey commercial office building at 340 Adelaide Street in the Brisbane CBD.
- Hotel acquisitions (Victoria) – advising Pentagon Group on the acquisition of the freehold and business in one line of the Silverwater Resort complex in San Remo, Victoria, including due diligence of the freehold and business assets, transfer of licences, transfer of the owners' corporate management rights, and other licensing arrangements.
- Cresco Opus – advising on the acquisition of a $48 million portfolio of development sites in St Leonards, Sydney, including all legal due diligence, contract negotiation and conveyancing.
- StoreInvest – advising on the acquisition and development of several sites, including a greenfield development site at Hendra (Brisbane airport precinct) and the corresponding commercial off the plan development of the site and establishing a strata scheme and body corporate, as well as the acquisition of two storage facility sites in Victoria.
- Universal Self Storage Funds Management – a member of the team acting on the sale of self-storage facilities and businesses (located at Albion and Kelvin Grove in Brisbane and Canterbury in Melbourne) in a single transaction, including negotiating a complex suite of business sale and land sale contracts plus negotiating the completion of the construction contract at the Melbourne site.
- Tomkins Property Investments – advising on site acquisitions, development projects and design and lease arrangements, including the acquisition of sites in newly developed industrial precincts in Yarrabilba and North Lakes (Brisbane) and infill industrial sites in Nundah (Brisbane), including the site acquisition, planning and other approval process, initial negotiations with tenants, drafting agreements to lease, and finalising documentation through to completion.
- Flinders Street Tower (Townsville) – a member of the team advising Friday Group on the sale of Flinders St Tower, a commercial office building in Townsville, including complex negotiations dealing with a large government authority tenant and the potential leasing up of vacant space after the exchange of contracts, with a contingent floating price mechanism, as well as dealing with contamination remediation and combustible cladding issues.
- Bluewater Investment Trust – advising on the multi-titled/multi-vendor purchase of a mixed-use development site acquired under complex nomination arrangements.
- Listed Alternative Investment Manager – advising the private real estate division of a listed alternative investment manager on the strategic acquisition and development of over 20 residential development sites in South East Queensland and the acquisition and leasing of commercial and industrial properties nationally.
News & Publications
T 61 7 3239 2932
The latest edition of Fundamental is available now. Download your copy.
The latest edition of Financial Services Thinking is available now. Click here for all the latest news.
With fund managers asking 'Where to now?', the latest edition of our Toolkit for Fund Managers focuses on what actions you can take to help you reset for the road ahead. Download your copy.