Nicholas has extensive experience as a commercial lawyer, with a particular focus on servicing all facets of the real estate industry. He is recognised for his experience across a broad range of transactions, dedication to getting the deal done, and strong communication skills. Nicholas' clients include developers, property fund managers, builders, corporate investors and private clients. He specialises in the following areas of practice:
- Property acquisitions and disposals.
- Commercial, residential and mixed use development projects.
- Commercial and retail shop leasing.
- Joint venture and development agreements.
- Financing transactions involving real property.
Some key transactions Nicholas has recently been involved in include:
- Development projects – preparing off-the-plan contracts of sale and strata documentation and managing contract settlements for more than 30 residential, commercial and mixed use development projects across Queensland and New South Wales effecting the creation of over 1,000 titles.
- Capital Property Funds – advising on the acquisition of a $30 million Parramatta CBD office tower and a $46 million Brisbane CBD fringe office complex, including due diligence and contract negotiations.
- Blue Sky Private Equity – advising the private real estate division of ASX listed Blue Sky Private Equity on the strategic acquisition and development of over 20 residential development sites in South East Queensland and the acquisition and leasing of commercial and industrial properties nationally.
- White & Partners – acting for the investment arm of White & Partners in the $25 million acquisition of the land and business for a hotel in Brisbane, including all liquor licencing and gaming machine applications, and advising the debt management business of White & Partners on the settlement of over $100 million in senior land and construction facilities nationally.
- iProsperity Group – advising on the option, acquisition and due diligence of a $45 million residential development site in the Sydney CBD fringe.
- LaSalle Investment Management – all legal aspects of the $38 million disposal of a landmark heritage CBD office building in Brisbane, including contract and data room preparation and negotiations.
- Tomkins Group – drafting and negotiating an agreement to lease, fitout deed and new lease with a single ASX listed tenant for a six storey office tower in the Brisbane CBD fringe, including the successful disposal of the asset for $18 million following the conclusion of lease negotiations.
- FKG Group – advising on the acquisition, turn-key construction and disposal of a portfolio of custom-built service station facilities in Queensland to a multi-national energy company, and acting for the group in its leasing of the Witmack Industry Park.
- Cromwell Property Group – acting for a joint venture of Cromwell Property Group and Monash Funds managing all leasing work for Portgate Estate, a large industrial warehouse and shipping facilities situated within the Port of Brisbane jurisdiction.
News & Publications
T 07 3239 2916