The managing partner of McMahon Clarke, Sean has a long history in the funds management and corporate sectors. Sean advises fund managers in a range of sectors, including property, equities and mortgages (both wholesale and retail), about getting their product to market and their ongoing compliance obligations. Recognised in Best Lawyers in Australia (2021, 2020) for Investment Funds and a member of the PCA Unlisted Funds Roundtable, Sean's expertise ranges from establishing and advising on fund structures through to governance, directors' duties, compliance, and disclosure issues.
Some key transactions Sean has recently been involved in include:
- Countplus – lead adviser on the sale of Pacific East Coast to Countplus, the ASX listed financial services company, which provided an exit for the founders following extensive business succession planning.
- Accor Asia Pacific – acted as lead adviser in the acquisition of Mirvac Hotels and Resorts from Mirvac Group for $182 million, including reviewing the structure and compliance of 25 hotels and resorts operated as registered and unregistered managed investment schemes.
- Serviced strata schemes – recognised as an expert in advising on the implications of the Corporations Act on developing strata titled hotels and resorts. He has provided advice to the developers of projects such as Q1 Surfers Paradise, the Unilodge student accommodation facilities and Novotel Barossa Valley Resort.
- Futuro Group – adviser in the staged sale of its financial services business to AMP.
- Kondoot Holdings – acting on the capital raising by social media company Kondoot Holdings which enabled it to launch its marketing platform into the US.
- Succession – extensive business and estate succession planning for family groups and private businesses.
News & Publications
T 61 7 3239 2915
The latest edition of Fundamental is available now. Download your copy.
The latest edition of Financial Services Thinking is available now. Click here for all the latest news.
With fund managers asking 'Where to now?', the latest edition of our Toolkit for Fund Managers focuses on what actions you can take to help you reset for the road ahead. Download your copy.