Selina has extensive experience in all aspects of commercial litigation and dispute resolution, from general civil litigation to class actions, including trade mark, defamation and partnership disputes. She has particular expertise in property related litigation, and has advised clients in disputes concerning development approvals, leases, contracts, development agreements and compensation for resumption of land. Selina has represented clients in the Planning and Environment Court, including appeals relating to development approvals, and advised on issues impacting on development and construction contracts.
Some key transactions Selina has recently been involved in include:
- Successfully defending an application to strike out a claim on behalf of more than 40 property owners in what is now Queensland's leading case authority about representative actions.
- Acting on behalf of a landlord in relation to a market rental determination dispute.
- Acting on behalf of a group of landowners to successfully recover compensation for diminution in property value as a result of mining related subsidence.
- Acting for vendors seeking specific performance of land contracts.
- Acting for a minority share and unitholder in corporate oppression proceedings.
- Acting on behalf of a landowner seeking compensation for negligent legal advice associated with the purchase of an agricultural property subject to severe clearing restrictions.
- Advising and acting on behalf of a developer to revive a lapsed development approval.
- Acting on behalf of a landowner in a dispute with neighbours concerning the interpretation and use of an access easement.
- Acting on behalf of an authorised representative to successfully resolve a claim and associated third party proceedings about the provision of allegedly negligent investment advice.
- Acting for investors in a unit trust investigating a class action alleging misleading and deceptive conduct, conflicts of interest and mismanagement by a responsible entity.
- Winner of a Planning Institute of Australia award for innovation in resolving a Planning and Environment Court dispute involving the development of a multi-disciplinary expert team used by both the developer and the council to prepare a structure plan for a 15 hectare site.
News & Publications
T 07 3239 2961