Our clients are drawn from all sectors of the economy and from throughout Australia and across international borders, including funds management, financial services, agribusiness, property development, SMEs, private equity, venture capital, private investors, accounting, legal and other professions. From top 100 listed companies to new business ventures, our commitment to service delivery is the same.
We are very proud of the work we do for our clients. Here's a snapshot of what we do:
- One Investment Group – advising on establishing approximately 30 managed investment schemes each year as well as recently establishing the 91 Phillip Street Fund in conjunction with Capital Property Funds and the DirectMoney Personal Loan Fund, the first of its kind in the market place lending sector. We are the lead adviser to OIG which has approximately $8 billion of funds under administration.
- Pellicano Funds Management – advising on the sale of a 50 percent interest in Pellicano Property Trust 3 to Sunsuper in a highly complex transaction.
- Federation Centres (formerly Centro) – acting as the lead legal adviser to the Syndicates Business of the former Centro Group on the corporate restructure of the entire Centro Group. The restructure of the Centro Properties Group is broadly recognised as the largest and most complex corporate reconstruction in Australian legal history.
- Mirvac Hotels and Resorts – advising Accor Asia Pacific on the acquisition of Mirvac Hotels and Resorts from the Mirvac Group, including the acquisition of hotels in New South Wales, Victoria, Queensland and Western Australia.
- Northpoint Tower (Sydney) and HQ North Tower (Brisbane) – advising Cromwell Property Group on the $270 million acquisition of Northpoint Tower, a 44 level mixed office and retail landmark building in North Sydney, and HQ North Tower in Fortitude Valley's urban renewal precinct ($186 million).
- Retail leasing – advising on retail leasing extensively for Noosa Fair Shopping Centre, Pelican Waters Shopping Centre, Park Village Shopping Centre, Chevron Renaissance, Bell Central Nerang, Keppel Bay Plaza, Taigum Village, Metro West Kenmore and Woolworths Ashgrove.
- Commercial leasing – managing all leasing work for 215 Adelaide Street (Brisbane), a 29 level office tower and retail centre owned by Pramerica Real Estate Investors, and working on the redevelopment of the retail space in the building prior to the sale of the building; advising Opus Capital on managing its entire $500 million commercial office leasing portfolio; and advising LaSalle Investment Management on all leasing agreements for the landmark Melbourne mall redevelopment.
- ABC Learning Centres – representing a property fund which was a major landlord of ABC Learning Centres, and successfully intervening in the Federal Court insolvency proceedings.
- Landlord/tenant disputes – acting for landlords of commercial, office and retail premises to recover rent arrears and advise on lease disputes, including breach of lease, allegations of misleading and deceptive and unconscionable conduct, abandonment of premises, tenant insolvency and market rent determinations.
- Mining contractor dispute – successfully resolving Federal Court proceedings for alleged breaches of employment contracts, directors' duties, misuse of confidential information, and conspiracy, including settlement of an urgent injunction application.