Brooke is an experienced real estate and commercial lawyer with significant expertise across the spectrum of property transactions. Brooke's work centres on development, acquisitions and disposals, and commercial and retail leasing, and she is particularly proficient in put and call options, complex titling arrangements, land access arrangements, and off-plan management rights. Drawing on her deep industry knowledge, Brooke offers clients pragmatic advice they can trust, strong negotiation skills, attention to detail, and quality commercial outcomes.
Some key transactions Brooke has recently been involved in include:
- Publicly listed property developer – Brooke has acted for a publicly listed property developer on various off-plan projects such as high-end riverfront and beachfront apartments, including layered community titles arrangements and staged developments which involved advising on State land leases for marina berths.
- Put and call option agreements – Brooke has advised on preparing, negotiating, and the ongoing administration of put and call option agreements for large land estates involving developer and building clients on-selling land and house and land packages.
- Community title resort development – Brooke has advised on a complex staged and layered community title resort development, including advising on leaseback proposals/managed investment schemes and preparation of product disclosure under the Corporations Act.
- Large-scale residential 'off-plan' development projects – Brooke has acted for developers on large scale residential and mixed-use 'off-plan' projects (over 120 lots) and large-scale flat land estates from site purchase and due diligence through to sales of completed units.
- Medical centre leasing – Brooke has advised on preparing and negotiating the agreement for lease, head lease, and sublease documentation for a large medical centre involving funding agreements with the Department of Health and Aging.
- Industrial, retail and commercial greenfield sites – Brooke has advised on preparing and negotiating the agreement for lease and lease documentation for industrial, retail, and commercial greenfield sites, including leases to major national supermarket tenants. Brooke has acted for both landlord and tenant clients, including several major national retailers in relation to retail leases.
- Government departments – Brooke has acted on sale and purchase matters involving various Government departments, such as the Department of Housing, Defence Housing Australia, and the Returned Services League, plus sales and purchases involving exercise of powers of sale by mortgagees and local councils.
- Complex titling – Brooke has advised on complex titling arrangements, including subdivisions, realignment of boundaries, partitioning, layered community titles schemes, staged developments, and termination of community titles schemes, as well as preparing and negotiating a wide range of documentation, such as community management statements, building management statements, covenants and easements.
News & Publications
T 61 7 3239 2905
The latest edition of Fundamental is available now. Download your copy.
The latest edition of Financial Services Thinking is available now. Click here for all the latest news.
With fund managers asking 'Where to now?', the latest edition of our Toolkit for Fund Managers focuses on what actions you can take to help you reset for the road ahead. Download your copy.