Darren focuses on financial services regulation and funds management, including AFS licensing and variations, preparing fund establishment and corporate governance documents, and conducting AML/CTF reviews. Darren has excellent communication skills, a keen eye for detail, and is highly responsive. Darren graduated with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and a Master of Laws majoring in corporate and commercial law and practice.
Some key transactions Darren has recently been involved in include:
- Stara Real Estate & Advisory – assisting Stara in becoming the first AFS licensee in Australia authorised to operate a corporate collective investment vehicle (CCIV) as corporate director, which is a significant industry milestone.
- Elantis Premium Funding – advising on and conducting a comprehensive review of AML/CTF procedures.
- AFS Licence Applications, Variations and Compliance – advising numerous funds and investment managers on obtaining AFS licences, variations, and compliance.
- Fund Establishment – assisting with establishing multiple funds/trusts for companies across various asset classes.
- Corporate and Commercial Transactions – advising on preparing share documents, director and member resolutions, company constitutions, and common transactional documents.
Contact Darren Dhillon
T 61 7 3239 2935