Helen is a senior commercial property lawyer with an extensive track record across commercial and retail leasing, residential and mixed-use development, commercial and industrial acquisitions and sales, and property development. Helen also has experience in the sale and purchase of businesses, business licensing and franchising. A concise and constructive thinker, Helen is collaborative and always goes the extra mile to develop strong relationships with her clients.
Some key transactions Helen has recently been involved in:
- Forza Capital – advising on the legal and leasing due diligence of Forza Capital's acquisition of 340 Adelaide Street, a $80 million 16-level office tower located in the Brisbane CBD.
- LaSalle Investment Management – advising LaSalle Investment Management on the leasing of a 26-level commercial office building located at 307 Queen Street (Brisbane), and liaising with tenants, including State Government departments and small to large corporations.
- Port of Brisbane – advising an industrial landlord of a large site forming part of the Port Gate Estate, a key waterfront precinct at the Port of Brisbane, including assisting with the landlord's various leasing needs and coordinating negotiations with head lessors, lessors, sublessees, underlessees and mortgagees.
- Industrial asset landlords – advising industrial landlords on negotiating leases for industrial sites, including the North Lakes Business Park and other purpose-built facilities.
- Industrial and commercial tenants – assisting tenants of industrial and commercial premises with negotiating leases to meet their unique operational and commercial needs.
- Major shopping centre – advising the owner of a mid-sized shopping centre, located in a major town centre, on retail leasing to ensure the leases accorded with the unique characteristics of the shopping centre.
- Large private apartment block developments – acting for a property developer in several developments, ranging from 60 to 120 apartments, including preparing off-the-plan contracts and disclosure documents and advising on title, development issues, and sale of the apartments.
Contact Helen Wu
T 61 7 3239 2907