Jessica focuses on general funds management and corporate transactions and has tertiary qualifications in law and commerce. Jessica has previously worked in the in-house legal team of a national energy corporation, where her role included drafting and reviewing contracts and assisting with tender process negotiations, and also as an indirect tax adviser at an international accountancy and advisory organisation.
Some key transactions Jessica has recently been involved in include:
- Coal project acquisition – a member of the in-house legal team of a national energy corporation advising on the acquisition and development of a US$220 million thermal coal project, including drafting and reviewing contracts, preparing contract departures and assisting with tender process negotiations.
- Managed investment schemes – transfer duty – advising on effective structuring and transfer duty implications for several listed and private unit trust funds and managed investment schemes.
- GST – providing GST advice for a major bank in relation to receivership and sale of a residential and commercial property portfolio.
- Financial acquisitions threshold (FAT) and reduced input tax credits (RITC) entitlement – undertaking a FAT and RITC review for a financial services provider, including lodgement of a voluntary disclosure with the Australian Taxation Office and successful remission of all penalties and interest.
- Establishment into Australia – supporting several international entities commencing operations and importing goods into Australia.
Contact Jessica Fuller
T 61 7 3239 2929