Kristy has over 19 years' experience in real estate and construction law, commercial dispute resolution, and litigation in all court and tribunal jurisdictions across most states of Australia. Kristy focuses on advising property fund managers, asset managers, property developers and financiers, along with their in-house counsel teams, on development projects, asset repositioning projects, and all areas of asset management, including services agreements, construction contracts, PPSA, retail shop leases legislation, insolvency, and resolving real estate disputes. She regularly advises on court actions to enforce leases, agreements for lease, incentive deeds, option deeds, development agreements, construction contracts, management agreements, and contracts for sale. Kristy is recognised in Best Lawyers in Australia (2021, 2020) for Real Property Law and is a member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency Turnaround Association (ARITA).
Some key transactions Kristy has recently been involved in include:
- Valley Metro Shopping Centre (Brisbane) – advising LaSalle Investment Management on the major repositioning and pre-leasing of this retail shopping centre positioned above the Fortitude Valley Railway Station in Brisbane, including advising on agreements for lease of the refurbished centre from an early stage; Retail Shop Leases Act; lease demolition, relocation and negotiation; and tenant management through to completion of the project.
- 307 Queen Street (Brisbane) – advising LaSalle Investment Management on the redevelopment, leasing, and asset management work for 307 Queen Street, a $150 million 26-storey office tower in the Brisbane CBD, which underwent an extensive ground floor refurbishment in 2020. Our involvement included advising on the surrender and repositioning of leases for Bank of China, Heritage Bank, Palladium Group, and Corporate Travel Management; drafting, negotiating and managing multiple construction contracts; and tenant management.
- 293 Queen Street (Brisbane) – acting for LaSalle Investment Management in the redevelopment, leasing, and associated asset management work for 293 Queen Street, a $52 million seven-storey office building located in Brisbane's Golden Triangle, including drafting, negotiating, and advising on multiple construction contracts.
- 288 Edward Street (Brisbane) – advising Marquette Investment Managers on the $25 million repositioning of this 28-storey Brisbane CBD tower, including advising on drafting and negotiating multiple construction contracts for the redevelopment works and fit-out of new tenancies along with advising on the management of tenants continuing to trade whilst the works are undertaken.
- 130 Queen Street (Brisbane) – advising Marquette Investment Managers on the upgrade of this four-storey retail building, including drafting and negotiating construction contract documentation.
- Wellcamp Business Park (Toowoomba) – acting for Wagner Corporation in drafting and negotiating construction contract documentation for the ongoing development and expansion of the Wellcamp Business Park (Toowoomba), including for the expansion of the Wagner Corporation CFT facility, construction of the Regional Trade Distribution Centre, Qantas pilot training facility, and various tenant construction and expansion projects.
- Wellcamp Trade Distribution Centre (Toowoomba) – advising on arrangements with the State of Queensland for the delivery of a mixed-use regional trade distribution centre situated in the Toowoomba Wellcamp Business Park and drafting and negotiating the construction contract.
- StoreInvest – advising StoreInvest on the construction of the StoreLocal facility at Hendra (Brisbane) along with the construction of subsequent stages of existing developments at multiple sites across Queensland and Victoria.
- Development acquisition – advising on the assignment of major redevelopment contracts on acquisition of Pullman Park Hotel (Melbourne).
- Development projects – drafting and negotiating construction contracts and providing contract management advice for residential developments across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.
Contact Kristy Dorney
T 61 7 3239 2947