Langton has extensive experience across all aspects of the funds management, corporate and agribusiness industries. He has particular expertise in investment vehicles seeking to raise capital from the retail and wholesale sectors. Langton advises both start up enterprises and long-established businesses about raising new capital or debt, establishing investment opportunities and restructuring existing businesses and investment projects. Langton is recognised for Corporate Law in Best Lawyers in Australia (2022-2020) and for Commercial Law in Doyles Guide (2020, 2018, 2015).
Some key transactions Langton has recently been involved in include:
- IntegraPay – advising on the share sale to a US-based competitor funded by a global private equity investment firm, one of the largest in the US, including lengthy negotiation due to the COVID-19 economic impact, as well as a corporate restructure of multiple entities within the group, the registration of trade marks in Australia and overseas, the variation of the group’s AFS licence.
- MARQ Private Funds – lead adviser to MARQ, a specialist independent wholesale fund trustee, including providing structuring advice on multi-layered funds, establishing funds in different sectors, including commercial property, preparing information memoranda for each fund, and conducting verification on the disclosure content.
- Vasco Trustees – advising Vasco on establishing and promoting multiple retail and wholesale funds across various sectors, including property, equities, alternative assets, and significant investor visa offerings. Vasco is an independent professional investment management group providing fund establishment, trustee, and administration services to Australian and international investment managers.
- Australian Farmlands Fund – acting for Kilter Investments Pty Ltd on the Australian Farmlands Fund, a stapled wholesale agribusiness fund comprising a landowning vehicle and an operations vehicle, including establishing the fund, preparing the constitution with appropriate stapling provisions, negotiating the subscription agreement with institutional investors, reviewing and settling the information memorandum, plus reviewing and advising on cross-border capital placement agreements and compliance with the Australian financial services laws.
- Australian Secure Capital Fund – providing ongoing compliance advice on three registered funds – ASCF Select Income Fund, ASCF High Yield Fund, ASCF Premium Capital Fund – and advising on establishing two wholesale funds – the ASCF Private Fund and the Australian Mortgage Finance Services Fund, including structuring advice, preparing the constitutions, and reviewing the information memorandum to promote the investment opportunities to wholesale clients.
- HS Consortium Development Fund – lead adviser to the trustee of this wholesale development fund which is structured as a master fund with underlying development sub-trusts. We prepared the fund's constitution, its information memorandum, investment committee charters and also conducted verification and due diligence before the fund was formally launched.
- Munro Global Growth Fund – advising Munro Asset Management, the responsible entity of this absolute return fund, on the preparation of its PDS and the prime broker agreement with Morgan Stanley & Co.
- ACIF Prosperity Fund – lead adviser to the trustee of this wholesale fund which is a complying vehicle for the significant investor visa regime. As part of this project, we also established a sub-trust beneath the ACIF Prosperity Fund that facilitated investment into the emerging companies and balancing investment streams under the significant investor visa rules.
- Australian Innovation Fund – VCLP – acting as lead adviser to the general partner of this registered venture capital limited partnership. In addition to establishing the VCLP and settling the information memorandum, we also incorporated a venture capital management partnership, being a separate limited partnership registered with the Victorian Office of Consumer Affairs.
- Murray-Darling Basin Balanced Water Fund – lead adviser to Kilter Investments, the trustee of this innovative social impact fund established and sponsored by the US-based The Nature Conservancy. The fund has financial, environmental and social objectives achieved through buying, leasing and trading water and donating annual amounts to both agriculture and ecologically significant wetlands.
Contact Langton Clarke
T 61 7 3239 2926