Focusing on general funds management and corporate transactions, Nicola has tertiary qualifications in law and business. Nicola has skills and experience in corporate advisory and capital markets, including advising on capital raising, placement capacity, and continuous disclosure, as well as unregulated transactional work, drafting and reviewing transaction documents, preparing shareholder agreements and general commercial contracts, and advising on corporate governance and compliance.
Some key transactions Nicola has recently been involved in include:
- Company restructure and sale – Nicola acted in a share sale of a private technology company to a listed entity involving a complete restructure of the client’s business, spread across multiple entities, into a single company prior to the share sale.
- Corporate advice – Nicola advised a listed exploration company on various corporate matters, including notices of general meetings, capital raising activities, implementing a whistle blower policy, and the sale of several mining tenements.
- Business purchases – Nicola advised on the purchase of several businesses across the manufacturing and service industries.
- Equity investment – Nicola advised on a proposed equity investment to raise funds for a new venture, including preparing investment terms and a shareholder agreement to govern the relationship between the founder and new investors.
- Shareholder exit – Nicola advised a shareholder exiting a company on their rights under a shareholder agreement and the commercial options available when the shareholders were in dispute.
Contact Nicola Stewart
T 61 7 3239 2926