Sarah's focus is commercial disputes and litigation in the funds management and real estate industries, as well as other general commercial litigation. Prior to joining McMahon Clarke, Sarah worked at a boutique commercial law firm specialising in commercial litigation, intellectual property, corporate law, and technology law. Sarah's broad experience includes general commercial, corporate, and intellectual property matters involving misleading and deceptive conduct, passing off, trade mark infringement, shareholder agreements and oppression, injunctions, and partnership disputes.
Some key transactions Sarah has recently been involved in include:
- Website blocking order – Sarah was part of a team which successfully represented the owner and operator of an online advertising platform in an application to the Federal Court of Australia for a website blocking order. The application related to copyright in compilations and was the first of its kind in Australia.
- Misleading and deceptive conduct – Sarah was part of a team which represented a manufacturer and supplier of Australian plant extracts in Federal Court proceedings against an ex-business partner for misleading and deceptive conduct and passing off.
- Partnership dispute – Sarah was part of a team which successfully represented the defendant in the Supreme Court of Queensland in an alleged partnership dispute involving a betting syndicate.
- Franchising and licensing – Sarah was part of a team advising a national supplier of welding consumables on its franchising agreements and inter-entity licensing issues.
- Capitalisation plan – Sarah was part of a team advising an online pet care services company on its capitalisation plan and the '20/12 rule' under the Corporations Act. Sarah assisted in all aspects of the transaction, including the execution of the shareholders' agreement and share issue documents.
Contact Sarah Lawrence
T 61 7 3239 2961