Siobhan is a key member of our Litigation team with broad experience in commercial disputes and litigation, particularly contract and corporate disputes, across a range of industries. Siobhan enjoys working with clients to gain a thorough understanding of their business and assists with advice and disputes in relation to body corporates, financial services, corporations, building and construction, and succession law. Siobhan's clients include body corporate committees and members, a broad spectrum of financial services providers, from financial planners to responsible entities and trustees, builders, and corporate members, such as directors and shareholders. Proactive, diligent, and commercially minded, Siobhan previously worked with a boutique Melbourne firm specialising in commercial litigation, administrative law, and corporate law.
Some key transactions Siobhan has recently been involved in include:
- Body corporate disputes – acting on behalf of body corporate members to bring adjudication applications, specialist adjudication applications, and proceedings in the District Court of Queensland about body corporate decisions, as well as advising body corporate committees on meeting and voting processes.
- AFCA complaints – acting on behalf of a financial firm with numerous complaints made to AFCA regarding responsible lending and unjust transactions.
- Succession advice – advising on complex wills and testamentary trusts, particularly in the agriculture sector.
- Registered schemes advice – assisting and advising responsible entities and trustees on voting and meeting procedures for large scale members' meetings and winding up registered schemes.
- Construction litigation – assisting a head contractor in a dispute with a subcontractor about defective works across several sites.
- Corporate disputes – assisting shareholders with enforcing their rights and winding up applications in the Supreme Court of Queensland.
Contact Siobhan Luck
T 61 7 3239 2961